Wednesday, November 26, 2008

missed connections

Pick your poison, But I suggest Vajrayana - w4m - 23
Reply to: pers-934699377@craigslist.org [?]Date: 2008-11-26, 3:11AM EST
I think the world lost something the day your heart broke. I can still see it in you, as hard as you work to conceal that crippling empathy. I know you're still thirsty for humanity. I know you're still hungry for understanding. I know how overwhelming it is to feel so much all at once, on everyone's behalf. I know that the universe is terrifying and full of pain, and the more you understand it, the smaller you feel. I know how easy it is to be angry and disengaged--I've done it all my life--but I can recognize that you feel the pull of human drama every bit as much as I do. You've been profoundly disappointed and you've chosen to turn away to save yourself, but yourself is eactly what you stand to lose. Frankly, it scares the shit out of me. I'm here. I'm in the same place and struggling with the same things. If you extinguish your stellar fuse, I'll be left alone. I can't do it by myself, and neither can you. I want nothing more than to be your partner--not for myself, but beause i can't stand to see your beautiful potential disappear. I hate the person who forced you to turn away from the carrot at the end of our stick. I refuse to believe that people are essentially bad. I refuse to believe that the question isn't worth the answer. You think your mask of disaffection is perfect, and I hate to break it to ya, but I can see you under there. You're a scared little boy and you're hiding from the big, bad, dark, dangerous, beautiful world. But it wants you--I want you--to be a little light. Hell, I just want you.

No comments: