Monday, June 16, 2008

Rocco & Tiger are mollus names.

A gang of co-workers are crowded around our TV here at work watching the Open. Something about Tiger Woods and Rocco Mediate going head-to-head on 18. I couldnt care less, except that my desk is located directly UNDER the 60" television. So I feel like they are all staring at me. I'm trying to look busy, but really I'm trying to tune them out. They all sound like the teacher from Charlie Brown.
I'm flipping through the real columbo to see if anything cool happened over the weekend. Nothing did. Here are some random scribbles:

*"Someone said I should start a band. "katie and the bobs". KT on lead vocals, bob on maracas."
I think that was Evan. It's a pretty dumb idea. I think he was trying to be funny, but it didn't work. As ALWAYS.

*"6.11. Chuck called me the Angel of Death."
This is no big surprise. He always gives me horrible nicknames. This time he was trying to figure out how to say it in many languages...so he could call me Angel of Death in many languages.

*6.15. 8x10 frame-blow up Ryan's Gargoyle-en-Paris photo. (if i can get it from my busted laptop)
I am in the process of moving to my new apt. I am completely "redo-ing" my bedroom. My inspiration is an old postcard of Paris, an uneasy, creepy sky & the Eiffel Tower. My walls will be the stormy, beige color of the clouds in the sky in the picture. My bed and table will be the blue-green color of the sky above the clouds (I'm referring to this color as "seasick". ha.) Anyway, I bought a huge, greenish picture frame (8x10), but I didnt know what to put in it. (I didnt want to put a picture of people in it; i doubt any one looks good at that size...) Then, it occured to me that I have the PERFECT photo, if I can get to it. Several years ago, a friend sent me a photo he took in Paris. A rooftop shot of Paris, flanked on the left by a creepy stone gargoyle. It's beautiful. Perfectly cloudy and creepy and romantic and unattainable (on many levels). (Four interesting words that may have more to do with the people involved than the actual photograph.) Anyway, I believe I still have the photo saved on my beat-up old laptop. Given the INSANE recent turn of events, I need to dig up that photo and display it in my beautiful, perfect, creepy, new room. On yet another side note: I cant wait for this week to be over...



No comments: