Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's all comin' back to me nowwwwwwwwww

Yes, I do expect you to read that headline & sing it as Celine Dion. Or Katie Tetzlaw, for that matter.

Well, I have recently startled myself by using two phrases that I havent used or heard in years. I don't know why they flew out of my brain, and though I was temporarily comforted, I hope they crawl back into those dark recesses in a hurry.

If this blog was a newsletter published and distributed for all of my friends and everyone I'd ever met, about six of the readers would remember these words, the ones that have done so much belated damage.

At the exact moment my brain conjured up those words, I remembered a time and place where I was the happiest I have ever been. I remembered the faces of the young boy and young girl who would speak them and laugh. I remembered the confidence, the carefreeness, and then the carelessness with which I shattered it all.

It's just awful to grow up. It's just awful to make the mistakes that nobody else seems to make. It's so terrible to know that I wasn't wrong.

But the dreams and the nightmares still keep me awake.

I guess I am happy these things have jogged my memory. Maybe I can get some of that part of me back...even if the other part is quite gone.

No comments: