Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"So, what do you do?"

Apparently, it is important to have a hobby. People are always wondering just what exactly other people are up to. I hate the question. I think the answer should be pretty obvious. What do I do? Well...this. THIS is what I do. I sit around and I look at things and sometimes I talk. That's about it. I keep myself pretty occupied just doing those things. In fact, at pretty much any given moment, that's what I'm doing. So, you know.

I realize that this complaint has a distinct Larry David sort of quality to it. That doesn't make it any less valid.

Here is a list of some things that I believe people spend their time doing. "Hobbies", if you will:
working out
playing musical instruments
playing video games
painting/visual arts
knitting
playing with their dog
riding a bike
cooking for fun
...of course, there could be others.


I am looking for something to do. But, really, I wish that what I already do would be good enough.

No comments: