Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mine would be made of snakeskin and have a big eye on it

Wouldn't it be great if, when you die, you got to read the REAL story of your life? How it should have been? A walk through your life, only changed in places where you made the wrong decision? Like, what you were supposed to do...
______ ______ was your soulmate during your time on Earth. Yes, Katie, you should have believed in soulmates.
You were supposed to be a ________. Didn't you ever notice that you were really good at _______? You were wasting your time as a _______.
You should have knocked _______ out in 8th grade. You overpaid ____ on your taxes in 2002.

No lies, abbreviations, or secrets. Finally, you would get to see EVERYTHING- as it was and as it should have been. That would be cool.

What kind of difference would that make to me now? None at all, I suppose. The thing about getting older (life after age, say, fifteen), is that you become locked in. I don't know why I am doing the job I have. I just kind of found it-or, rather, it found me). There are a million "things I should have done" or "ways i wish i was" (for lack of a better phrase). It's not like I am going through my life unaware of those things. It just is what it is, I guess. (Cue Talking Heads.)

(It's too hard to write these things at work. This is all baloney.)

I've been told on many occasions that I am what people like to call "a free spirit". I guess that just means that I don't like to commit. I don't really have any idea what the hell that means.

No comments: